[Wolves] Re: Wolves Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1

Chris Owen Chris.Owen at wmro.org
Thu Oct 9 17:10:49 BST 2003

I love a happy ending :)

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: david [mailto:nux at blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: 09 October 2003 16:39
To: info at a2rt.org; Wolverhampton Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [Wolves] Re: Wolves Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1

Si Griffiths wrote:

>>"computer recycling/linux propagating organisation"
>>
>><sits upright with twinkly eyes>
>>
>>need any help?
>>
>>i'm up for anything that propogates linux, and currently
>>have a fair amount of time free
>>
>>nux
>>

>Hi Nux
>
>yeah that would be great - we're based in Birmingham, we're
>a start up organisation (not for profit company) and at the
>moment we haven't got any proper premises (although
>hopefully that should change in the next 6mths or so) & we
>do a variety of community projects & digital art
>installations that both use and publicise the benefits of
>recycled computers & linux & free/opensource software -
>check out our website to see some of the stuff that we've
>done recently
>
>http://www.a2rt.org
>
>so if you're interested in helping out & getting involved
>you'd be more than welcome - let us know what kinda stuff
>you're into, what we're doing that most interests you etc
>
>Si

Si

Well,
I've got a box full of old network cards, odd & bits of 486 memory and
hard drives and grfx cards. I'll sit and clean up, sort out and install
linux onto computers till the cows come home. I have to be around in
Handsworth to get my daughter to school at 8:45am and to pick her up at
3:15pm. Other than that I'm available. I can happily sort out computers
at home or elsewhere.
Dream job or what? (paid or otherwise)
I am probably happiest doing that, that and teaching people.
Am ready, willing and able. Just let me know if you want anything and
when.

I've done a lot of music on the pc (dance music) but, not with linux. I
did all that stuff on sonic foundry acid, soundforge etc.
But i am familiar with the ideas within sound and light and so on. I use

mandrake and so have terminatorx installed as well as various other
multimedia apps. blah blah blah

nux

http://www.messagelabs.com

It is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail immediately. The contents of this e-mail must not
be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. We cannot accept any
responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author
and do not necessarily reflect those of the company. The company does not take
any responsibility for the views of the author.