[Wolves] Resuming cron jobs missed

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 13:19:20 BST 2003

Hi

Is there a way of getting cron jobs to start if they have been missed
due to system downtime?
I have a series of cron jobs that start every twelve hours, so if the
sytem is down at 12am or 12pm I loose 12 hours worth of data.
I guess I could just put in lots of cron jobs starting say every 2 hours
but that is a lot of typing and entries.

Unless anyone can think of a completely different approach- what I'm
doing it running streamer to capture 12 hours worth of security footage
into MonMorn directory, followed by another cron job running into MonAft
directory and so on thru the week. It then overwrites the data a week
later.
Problem with using shorter grab periods is that you then need loads of
subdirectories to keep the number of files in each directory
maneageable- the directories are web browsable and i'm taking two pics
per second= 7200 per hour.

Cheers

Cheers

Wayne