[Wolves] intro type thing...

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 03:21:41 GMT 2003

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the LUG!

I am Jono Bacon and I am the LUGMaster of the LUG. Bow
before me ye peasentpeople, for I am the master of the
LUG. :)

We normally meet up in the Standard Indian restaurent
on Cleveland Street in town which is pretty close to
some bus stops; the bus takers can inform you of the
route I am sure. All people are welcome to the LUG at
all levels, and we have a broad range of knowledge on
board. The best thing about being in a LUG is that
there are a stack of people to learn from - and
learning things face to face over a beer and a curry
is much better than over a monitor. :)

Our next meeting is due to be at the Pie Factory in
Tipton; we sometimes go there (well once before), and
we are due to go there for the next one. :)

Nice to hear from you, and I hope you enjoy your time
with us. :)

  Jono

--- Silent Chain <silent_chain at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all I’m new to the mailing list and just wanted
> say hi and kind of introduce my self so here it
> goes.
> My name is Josh and I’ve been interested in linux a
> while now but have only just taken the plunge and
> got
> a box running linux (mandrake 9.1 just upgraded to
> 9.2
> today), but I’m a newbie when it comes to this OS
> all
> that I knew is that I want to learn how to use it iv
> been playing around with it for a few months trying
> learn as much as I can from magazines and the net
> but
> I didn’t seem to be getting anywhere fast I know it
> takes longer then I have been trying to learn but I
> thought it was time for me to reach out for some
> help
> so I went onto lug.org.uk and found out about the
> wolves LUG and thought it would be an even better
> idea
> to join the mailing list and maybe go to some
> meetings
> maybe it all depends because I like about two
> longish
> bus trips getting to Wolverhampton but the wolves
> LUG
> is the one of the closest to me so that’s about it I
> think iv probable gone on to much as it is and not
> really made any points or really told you anything
> about me but oh well…
>
> Josh
>
> Ps
> Sorry about all grammar and spelling mistakes and
> other things like that its late but I was still
> awake
> so I decided to spend my time writing this.

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician