[Wolves] PDAs - a vague question

Jon Farmer wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 1 13:01:02 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aquarius" <aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org>

> Am I not right in thinking that ISPs are now obliged to monitor
> customers' traffic under the RIP Act? Whether they *do* or not is a
> different question...

AFAIK this was the intention till ISP's asked who was going to stump
up the cost for recording the information of what ever single subscriber
was up to and the government thought again.

I work for a ISP and we certainly dont. The only cases we have had
of kiddie porn being on our servers have reported to us by the police
who have been tipped off. We let them in with a warrant, they take a
copy of the stuff off the server and ask *if* we have anymore info about
the site's owner. If we do we let them have it if we dont they thank us
for our cooperation and leave. The RIP has never been mentioned.

Regs

Jon