[Wolves] Fw: [Crew] BrumCon III announcement

Re-LoaD's LUG Mail wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 5 10:10:01 2003

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C37395.C18D4C50

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex DeLarge" <aldelarge@phreaking.org>
To: <crew@brum2600.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 5:45 PM
Subject: [Crew] BrumCon III announcement

Straight from the pen (or keyboard) of ReLoad and myself, comes this
update...
Tell your friends, tell your fiends, tell everyone!

--
Al

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C37395.C18D4C50

| B R U M C O N   A N N O U N C E M E N T |
|          For latest news visit          |
|           http://brumcon.org            |
|   EPISODE III - RETURN OF THE FED GUY   |
| ReLoad has returned to his home planet  |
| of Dudley in an attempt to rescue his   |
| co-goon AlDeLarge from the clutches of  |
| the fed 'That bloke from BrumCon II'.   |
| Little does ReLoad know that the HTCU   |
| has secretly begun construction on a    |
| new con tracking system even more       |
| powerful than all the curries in Brum.  |
| When completed, this ultimate weapon    |
| will spell certain doom for the small   |
| band of hackers struggling to restore   |
| freedom to the midlands...              |

]--- Intro

BrumCon is a semi-regular 1-day conference
organised by Brum2600 regulars. Expect
talks about hacking, phreaking, cool tech,
and a variety of other technological
'black arts'.

BrumCon III will be held on October 4th,
2003 at a secret location in Birmingham,
UK. Whilst BrumCon organisers neither
condone of participate in illegal activity
we do ask that you leave hats, egos and
badges at the door, wallets at the bar and
bums on seats with drink in hand.

NO PICTURES ARE TO BE TAKEN IN THE
CONFERENCE ROOM AND NO TALKS ARE TO BE
RECORDED. People who break this rule will
be asked to leave.

]--- Events

BrumCon III has a series of events planned
split into two tracks:

Track 1
-------
TALKS->PANEL->QUIZ->BRUM2600->CURRY

Track 2
-------
TALKS->PANEL->QUIZ->BRUM2600->STRIPPERS!

The events for both tracks are outlined
below.

TALKS:
We're still looking for speakers. If you
have an idea for a talk then please
contact crew@brumcon.org with an outline
of your talk. Currently, planned talks
include evidence collation in UK criminal
prosecutions, and a live legal wiretap
demonstration.

PANEL:
A round-table discussion will be organised
involving the speakers and the audience,
covering a series of thought-provoking (or
simply provoking) topics.

QUIZ:
A quiz is planned, with a 'special' HP-UX
system as the first prize.

BRUM2600:
Brum2600 will follow the con. Everyone is
of course invited, and standard brum2600
rules apply (see http://brum2600.net for
further details).

STRIPPERS!:
A trip to Birmingham's Spearmint Rhino
dancing establishment is also organised
for discerning gentlemen (and gentlewomen)
who would like to unwind after the con.

CURRY:
At the end of Brum2600, or when everyone
is suitably drunk (whichever comes first)
one of Birmingham's finest Curry houses
will be visited/invaded.

]--- Registration

People are asked to register their
interest in attending by sending an
e-mail with the text "I'm interested" in
the subject line to attendee@brumcon.org.
Pricing has yet to be confirmed, but we
aim to keep it as low as possible to
cover our costs.

Press and employees of government
agencies are required to register
interest beforehand. Press will get
free entry and a suitable briefing on
etiquette before the con.

Government agency employees will still
have to pay, but registering will help
the BrumCon goons avoid any problems
that may arise.

]--- Call For Speakers

If you're interested in speaking at
BrumCon III then please contact us at
staff@brumcon.org or crew@brum2600.org
with details of your proposed talk. The
length of the talk will depend on the
number of speakers, but generally should
be between 30 minutes and an hour. If you
feel that you need an hour, talk to us
and we'll arrange something for you.

Topics of particular interest:

Hacking/Phreaking/Cool-Tech

Topics to avoid:

Opinions/Subjective talks/Common
knowledge/Highly Complex advanced talks

PLEASE NOTE - BRUMCON DOES NOT CONDONE
ILLEGAL ACTIVITY OF ANY KIND. ANYONE
CAUGHT COMMITTING ILLEGAL ACTS
(Including speakers) WILL BE REMOVED.

]--- Discussion
The Brum2600 mailing list is suitable
for discussing BrumCon - sign up at
mailgate.intermip.net/mailman/listinfo/crew

There is also a dedicated BrumCon forum
at http://phreaking.org/ (registration
required to post). For updates on
BrumCon visit http://brumcon.org.

|        This has been an official        |
| B R U M C O N   A N N O U N C E M E N T |
|        May the force be with you        |

ATH+++
NO CARRIER

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C37395.C18D4C50--