[Wolves] Floppy discs

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Sep 14 21:01:02 2003

Sam uses floppies a lot to save stuff on. I've tried to tell her that a
hards disc is fine, but she's not interested. She's using a KDE
desktop, but Abiword for editing files. She'd like to be able to load
and save things from floppy as well as the hard drive. There must
surely be a better way than clicking the "floppy" link on the KDE
desktop (created with "Create New Device" -> "Floppy Device"),
navigating to /floppy in the AbiWord save dialog, saving, and then
right-clicking the "floppy" link and saying "Unmount". That's arse. How
would you suggest I set it up so it's better?

Any suggestions along the lines of "don't use KDE" or "don't use
AbiWord" will not be entertained. I *know* that, but I can't change it.
You just drag a file from the save box to the floppy in Rox...

Aq.

--
If cryptography is outlawed, only outlaws wifo4(F9%!98f3((hg$;'da"d;f+