[Wolves] rimming Peter Oliver.

fizzy wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 13:18:00 2003

 --- Chris Procter <Chris@foxonline.co.uk> wrote:
> I notice you're unwilling to come by yourself, does
> this prove my point
> about it being daunting to go to a meet with people
> you dont know?? Or do
> wolves people only travel south of the border in
> packs (to practice their
> other pirate skills perhaps)?

Well, for a two fold reason.  Firstly it makes more
sense for us too travel together, saves petrol, the
environmnet etc, secondly safety in numbers is always
good if the beards get too much ;)

I don't personally think it's that daunting, when i
first went to the LUG i thought it'd be full of geeky
beardy smelly men (well, our is! :) ) but thought i'd
go down and check it out.  I found that I liked it,
and have been going ever since :) Some people come
once and never come back again, that's cool, but i
think everyone should make the effort to attend at
least once.

> There was some discussion about getting a speaker
> (someone who wouldn't be
> interested in 10-15 people but might be prepared to
> talk to two or more LUGs
> combined, Alan Cox was mentioned) and doing a
> superLUG meet. However apathy
> set in.

Sounds good, get the lug owners to sort something out
:)

> chris

fizz