[Wolves] Linux in schools

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 13:09:16 BST 2003

 --- Helen Randle <HelenR at gmx.co.uk> wrote: >
> Just out of interest, does anyone know of a good
> CAD/CAM program for Linux?
> The school my mum teaches at needs to get one.
> They're currently on Windows,
> but (due to being a special school) the LEA won't
> include them on the program
> licence. So I was thinking if they switched to Linux
>
> Helen

Hi, there are a few I think but I've never used any of
them, I'm not a CAD person.

A quick google came up with a few links of interest
such as the CAD on Linux mailing list homepage
http://www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=cad-linux
(you may need to reassemble this url if it spreads
over 2 lines)

plus:

http://www.cycas.de/
http://www.graphiteone-cad.com/en/index.htm
http://www.linuxcad.com/

and 2 I've actually heard of:

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad.html
http://www.varicad.com/

VariCAD and QCAD are the most well known I think and
therefore probably the most fully featured.

HTH,

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk