[Wolves] Mepis

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 10:17:55 BST 2004

Aquarius wrote:

>>It's a Debian based HD distro, which also has a live CD option (unlike
>>Knopp/Morphix which are live CDs that you can install to HD). I've read
>>good things about it, particularly its config tools. I've got the ISO,
>>which is freely available, if you spend an extra thirty seconds looking
>>at the Mepis site, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

> You might find http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5348 useful --
> it's part of a series about Debian-based distributions, and it
> concentrates on Mepis. The reviewer was very impressed, as I recall.

Cheers for that; I think it was that thread, or a similar one on
Newsforge, that first alerted me to Mepis.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why Red Hat derivatives appear to have
been more successful than Debian derivatives?

--

Cheers,

Matthew Revell.

www.lugradio.org - radio for Linux and open source fans