[Wolves] Mepis

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 10:45:23 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 10:25, Matthew Revell wrote:
> Peter Cannon wrote:
> I mean things like SuSe or Mandrake, which were originally based on Red Hat.

Ah there you go clear precise and understandable by all.
(Tough titty if its sucky up language being friendly cost nothing)

I have Suse 9 Pro Loaded and Mandrake sitting on my shelf.
Having now got some six to seven months with linux under my belt I would
say best product for some one new is Mandrake it works first time (at
least v9 does) Windows users will feel at home and in my opinion the
whole distro looks and feels like a home user product.

Ive tried loads of different distros Solaris, Redhat, Mandrake, Peanut,
Puppy, Vector and many more I think thats because like everyones first
time once you've done it, you want to do it with as many as possible
until you settle down with the right one for you.

To answer your question I think the success is down to ease of use
nobody wants to faff about they just want to load up and use it.

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

Only the dead have seen the end of the war
-- Plato