[Wolves] linux laptop

Helen Rose pinkteapot98 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 23:07:18 BST 2004

> I hope I'm not going over old ground, but I'd like
> your views on which
> distro works well on laptops.

Without going too much into the specifics of the
hardware, id say give knoppix a go, which installed is
an unstable version of debian.
With debian woody i found that my graphics card wasnt
very well supported, with flickering screen and low
res graphics, but knoppix 3.3 delt with it no problem.
Infact i didnt have any trouble with any of my
hardware. I have  a Hi-Grade Notino (as if anyone has
heard of them)
Knoppix comes as a live cd, so you can download it and
see how it fares with your hardware before you
acutally comit to installing it.
www.knoppix.net
I found it fantastic.
Also i gave suse 9.0 a whirl, which was also very good
when it came to hardware, but alas, its great as long
as you dont want to install any packages! i belive it
took 16 hrs before I had cravings for apt again.
Hope this helps
pink