[Wolves] Help ME!!!(please)

Andy Hill andyhilluk2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 16:56:42 BST 2004

Hello All and many thanks for making me feel at home.

I wonder if anyone can help with a project I am attempting, and a problem you may all be aware of.

The problem is in setting a thread priority in Linux, unfortunately I cant find any stable mechanism for both iPAQ and x86. Functions like setpriority(..) do not work because they require root rights on machine, all tricks I have attempted with scheduler seem simply ignored in x86. I can provide output for an x86 and arm, but did not want you all to fall asleep.

If you have any ideas how this could be solved I will very appreciate it.

Thanks

Andy Hill.