[Wolves] New Member: Hello

Andrew Lewis penfold at thepillarbox.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 21:03:02 BST 2004

Hi to all,

I'm pleased to discover a local club the supports linux. I've been staring at linux disks since RedHat 5, but never for more than a few weeks at a time.

A Little about me:

I'm just starting out on a PhD, and my main interests are in graphics, digital video and all of the horrific networking and storage issues that accompany large data sets.

My linux experience is limited at the moment, but it looks like linux will be the best OS for me to work with. I'm intrigued by the possibilities of loose supercomputing, and I'm hoping to set up my own distributed computer.

I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope to be able to make some use contributions to the list (eventually ;-p)

Many Thanks,
Andrew

P.S. - I love curry, so this group is a double hit for me :-p