[Wolves] Black Country LUG?

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Tue Apr 6 16:27:07 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 16:09, fizzy wrote:
>  --- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > records (Round black things you played with a
> > needle).
>
> Vinyl is still going strong, because it's
> a) cool,
I have a massive collection of vinyl including white labels etc.  Vinyl
is cool unfortunatly I can't afford to purchase a record player any more
because they are all either toys or out of my price range

>  b)
> better quality than cd (not compressed)
I still believe the second play of a record is the best.  The first play
it's a little grotty but that second one is pure heaven.  CD's aren't
really compressed they just lose some of the information that you
shouldn't be able to hear anyway.  I had a friend that swore his
minidisk (which does compress quite heavly) didn't lose any quality.
Pre-recorded disks where ok but home made ones where like a bad mp3.

> and c) easy to
> scratch and mix (if you like that sort of thing)

you can even buy cd players for scratching ;-)

The best thing about vinyl is you can go and discover some great new
(old) music for a couple of quid out of any second hand shop.  I can't
think of any time I would consider purchasing a cd that skipped on one
track, was slightly warped or scratched but you do that with second hand
vinyl all the time ;-)

> > Peter Cannon
>
> fizz

sparkes