[Wolves] Black Country LUG?

Simon Burke its_simon_burke at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 09:53:11 BST 2004

On 6/4/04 2:00 pm, "Matthew Revell" <wolveslug at understated.co.uk> wrote:

> Jono Bacon wrote:
>
>> this sounds cool. I was thinking (and I suggested this
>> a few times before) that it would be cool to get a
>> stall at a computer fair and go and pimp Linux there.
>> A stall is £55, and I am sure we could raise this from
>> occassional donations at LUG meetings. We could really
>> promote Linux a lot at these events.
>
> Nice one. Let's discuss this tomorrow evening. We could probably think
> of ways to make the money back: i.e. selling distros etc. We could give
> away something like Morphix but charge for larger distros. Or we could
> charge a pound to kiss Aq.

Heres another idea, but it'll be a wee bit more work,
What if we were to have a linux fair to promote linux to small local
businesses and others, and maybe get other lugs invovled too. As per an
earlier email I sent theres a fair chance that we could use the good ole
science park for this, the financial side would need discussing but they
would be sympathetic.

This is something I'd love to get involved with.

Simonb.