[Wolves] credit card signatures etc

Simon Burke its_simon_burke at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:27:34 BST 2004

On 7/4/04 3:04 pm, "Jon Farmer" <jonfarmer at enta.net> wrote:

> I went to a HSBC conference on this subject well over a year ago. The
> schemes will NOT be mandatory for quite a while yet although you will
> find that some retailers might not accept internet transactions for Visa
> or Mastercard where there is no password. That being said the systems
> are a few years off becoming mainstream IMHO. They have started to do
> some advertising in the USA and their websites talk a lot about it. We
> currently use a company called Secure Trading for our real time
> authorisations and their homepage www.securetrading.co.uk has links
> regarding their implemetation.
>
> As regards switch cards I know of no schemes like these so I would guess
> if they dont introduce one in the next few years they could be seen as a
>  extra security risk for cardholder not present internet transactions.
>
> Regards
>
> Jon

Thanx for that, so I've got the next few months to get my credit rating up
lol. That¹s what you get for spending something like £1000 in a wknd and end
up unemployed a week later.
Oh well, but still im not to keen on the idea, I agree with what was said
before way before that it should be the same system as i-net banking where
you have a 10 character or so password and it asks you only random part of
it (ie the 10th 7th and 3rd char etc).