[Wolves] MCSE 'again'

Simon Burke its_simon_burke at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 15:14:26 BST 2004

On 8/4/04 3:02 pm, "David Goodwin" <david at openminds.co.uk> wrote:

> <climbs up onto horse>
>
> I'd have thought you'd need to be intellectually challenged to use an
> editor which is larger than the Linux kernel, and written in a
> programming language compromised almost entirely of brackets ( ) !! :-P
>

> Vi[m]'s your best bet, as Emacs is almost bound not to work when the box
> is a bit broken and /usr can't be mounted as it's on a different disk
> which is ever so slightly broken at that point in time.
>
> Seriously however, "vi" is _always_ on a Unix/Linux box, and for this
> point it is worth knowing at least how to edit a file.

Yeah I know that emacs isnt the best editor to use and I do know why but the
prob is that its what I am used to, I'm slowly picing up vi, but  emacs just
seems so much more simplistic to me. I know enougth of vi to edit config
files and such but anything else im opening another console and going 'man
vi'.