[Wolves] Morphix and wolverhampton science park

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 11:11:14 BST 2004

Morning David

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 10:45, David Goodwin wrote:

> Has the disk changed relative position - e.g. was it a primary slave or
> secondary master etc in the desktop, and then a primary master in the
> laptop? If so, you'll need to edit/change the bootloader (grub or lilo)
> appropriately.

Spooky were looking over my shoulder? It was, I think "slave"

> If you can give us more info (e.g. what the kernel panic message was,
> which bootloader you're using, and it's current config file (probably
> either /etc/lilo.conf or /boot/grub/menu.lst)

I think I was a bit quick off the mark with this mail plus unprepared
seeing Morphix got me a bit excited, the laptop is at home I'll take a
look tonight/tomorrow it uses Lilo so I'll look at the config file

I've got a copy of Knoppix too but it looks a bit heavy for the mind
blowing, powerful 16MB ram the Digital has. I cant remember off hand
what the CPU is but it is definitely awesome and NASA will get the CIA
to pinch it for them.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

I sit on a mans back chocking him and making him carry me
and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for
him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible except
getting off his back!
--Tolstoy