[Wolves] Fool and his money

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 13:07:23 BST 2004

Hi Simon
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 12:40, Simon Burke wrote:

> I know what you mean, I am generally the same preferring to just chuck it in
> and away you go instead of mucking about with stuff, but theres still the
> gratification of doing it yourself and theres always how-tos and stuff
> knocking about lol.

Fair comment trouble with most how-to's is they assume you have some
knowledge rather than none at all.

To give an example Suse tell you that you can get it for free but you
have to download the whole "tree" now U and I know what they mean by
tree but someone new wouldn't its the old chicken and egg conundrum
people who don't know would write it in understandable language but cant
because they don't know the product.

People who know the product cant go back and write in plain terms.
Classic example is Umm Ooh yea All you musicians, I bet you are all
really good players now try and play something deliberately badly but in
such a way that the tune is recognisable, not easy is it? Thats because
you have conditioned yourself to get it perfect and know what your
doing.

Just a thought, no big deal.

They crucified a man for being perfect!
--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

I sit on a mans back chocking him and making him carry me
and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for
him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible except
getting off his back!
--Tolstoy