[Wolves] Fool and his money

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 15:21:55 BST 2004

Hey Sparkes

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 14:42, sparkes wrote:

> My point was (not very clear admittedly) that the majority of the
> software in suse and mandrake are free (as in speech) so what bits are
> you paying for? because the download versions are free.  Do you require
> the commercial software that comes in the pay for version? or are you
> just paying for the media.  If you are paying for the media you can get
> the download version for the cost of the media and postage from several
> good vendors.

Hmm I can only speak for myself, Suse is an example it could be any
Linux product, I bought it, I bought it because I didn't know how to
install what I downloaded (Over two days) from Suse.

If I had known a mag was going to have the same easy install disk I
would have saved £35 and bought the mag.

> morphix comes as an iso disk image that can be upgraded to debian by
> downloading the latest deb packages.  Debs are just intelligents tar.gz

OK maybe I am running before I can walk? Perhaps I should concentrate on
learning the ropes with Fedora/Suse before taking on morphix as I assume
deb's is a whole different concept?

> > Plus I will get back to you regarding software for your DEC 433MP
> cheers.  I can't wait to get this monster roaring again.

Might take a couple of days we are v. busy at the moment :-)

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

I sit on a mans back chocking him and making him carry me
and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for
him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible except
getting off his back!
--Tolstoy