[Wolves] Potted Samba/XP howto

Rob Annable rob at annable.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 13:36:40 BST 2004

> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:44, Matthew Revell wrote:
>
> > In theory it would be self-editing but in practice I'd see whoever
> > suggested the idea taking charge, if they wanted that responsibility.
> >
> > I think it'd be most useful as somewhere to thrash out ideas, rather
> > than as a final publication medium.
>
> Ahh so man wiv big h-idea get lumbered!

Some good points from everyone; I thought the tumbleweed comment might get
you all typing...

I'd be happy to set something up and do the occasional bit of tidying,
however, as you all know, in terms of IT knowledge I'm probably the least
qualified here. That's not to say that I'm not prepared to do it, I'd just
need you to bear that in mind when any critique is coming my way.

As for the type of Wiki to use, it would be a shame if this turned into a
lengthy debate about which type to use, although I recognise we need a
consensus. I have experience with http://www.usemod.com/ and I think it
would suit what we need.

For an example, see here:

http://www.coalville-vision.co.uk

This is one I'm running for a project at work.

Is there a split in opinion between whether it should be perl or php?

--
Rob