[Wolves] Email help

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 14:20:00 BST 2004

Hi,

> As a user you will then connect to the mail server
> over IMAP and read
> your mails. You might then log out/reboot the
> machine/switch email
> clients, and continue reading the same messages etc
> (as it's all server
> side stuff).

This is *exactly* what I want to do. So, I assume this
IMAP server will also store mail folders (such as my
wolves-lug folder) on the server to so I can view
folders in every client?

So does the IMAP server sit on top of the MTA? If I am
right, this is the process:

 - Fetchmail grabs POP3 mail from ISP
 - IMAP receives the mail and stores it on the server
 - Client connects to the IMAP server to send/receive
email

Right?

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician