[Wolves] New Member: Greetings

Gary Hughes se.osiris at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 17 16:48:59 BST 2004

<The Simpsons Dr Nick style>
Hi, Everybody!
</The Simpsons Dr Nick style>

This is my first message to this list, so this post is a quick
introduction. I've been dabbling with Linux for about 7 years now as a
home user hobby type thing. I started with a copy of  Red Hat 5, then
tried other distros. I tried Gentoo last year but gave up with it as a
56k modem was not ideal for all the updates. I now run Mandrake, but use
WindowsXP as my main system as I still have a winmodem - something I
need to sort out when I get chance :)

I am 19 and originally from Wrexham, North Wales. After leaving school I
worked in a chip shop in a nearby town, Llangollen, for 3 years.
Presently I have left nasty evil chippy and am moving to Wolves in the
next week to start a new job with Zennith Force Advertising in Trafalgar
House on Market Street. I'd be interested to know if any other members
of this LUG work there, as I've not yet met all my workmates.

I love Indian food, so the meeting place is heaven for me :) I work
until about 22:00 through the week though, but as the office is only a
couple of minutes away from The Standard I could arrive late. Just how
late are the usual Late Comers?

I look forward to meeting you all - I don't know anyone in Wolves right
now apart from a few people where I work, so this is a good opportunity
to find new people to hang out with. Workmates tend to look at you funny
when quoting Monty Python, I need release! :)

Gary Hughes.