[Wolves] Morphix woes

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 10:07:05 BST 2004

Hi Tim,

 --- Tim Humpherson <tim_matrix at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> 1. I can't increase the screen resolution as it is
> set to 800x600.  I use a
> GeForce 440MMX 64Mb DDR nVidia chipset graphics
> card.  Any tips how to
> increase it?

I think you can do ctrl-alt-(numerickeypad)+ to
increase your resolution, doing it again goes to the
next. Using minus rather than plus goes the other way.
I don't know if these are permanent though, you may
need to edit one of the XF86 config files to make your
default resolution different, or you could try as root
from the command line,

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

(I think thats right), though it might ask you some
questions you aren't prepared for like your monitor's
horizontal and vertical sync rates.

I'm at work at the moment so I can't test for you. If
thats not the right one, try running xf86config, or it
might be XF86config, XF86-config or XFree86-config or
some variation of that theme. But it allows you to
specify your default res and other resolutions for
each colour mode (8bit, 16bit and 24bit). Sorry to be
a bit vague bit I don't have a Linux machine here to
check on.

It may also help if you get the Linux drivers from the
nVidia website.

> Has Morphix altered my root password during the hard
> disk installation?  I
> did try the 'default' password of 'morphix' or
> 'Morphix' and both doesn't
> work.  Any ideas?

To set a root password in morphix, just log in as
root, apparently there is no default root password and
type:

sudo passwd

this should ask you to set the password. I had this
problem myself and resolved it, but it was a while
ago, so if this doesn't work for you I don't know what
the problem is. I also had to frig with my my normal
user account to make it work properly.

Hope that helps you out a bit :)

Ad

=====