[Wolves] SuSE 9.0 professional

Philip Moore philip at ptm.flyer.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 17:08:36 BST 2004

Hi

Thanks for all your feedback - to answer the points raised:

1. I have played CDs oh the machine using both Win2k and SuSE 8.2 so I don't think the connection could be the cause.

2. I will try the xmms option as advised

The strange thing is that what worked (CD playing) using SuSE 8.2 failed using SuSE 9.0 with exactly the same hardware set-up.  Additionally the K3b burning software that did not work using 8.2 now appears to work using 9.0 and I also noted that the winmodem now works (it did not work under 8.2 I had to use a Hayes hardware modem).

Interesting !

Thanks again for then helpful advice

Philip Moore