[Wolves] Encryption

Jon Farmer jonfarmer at enta.net
Fri Aug 13 08:58:07 BST 2004

Philip Moore wrote:
> Hi
>

> Ultimately Quantum computing (with it's superposition) offers the potential to
> create unbreakable encryption and break all existing encryption algorithms.

Ah I wondered if anybody would venture into Quantum computing.
Apparently there have already been cipher cracking programs written to
exploit the Quantum computer even though a Quantum computer has never
been created and seems not likely in the near future. One estimate I
have seen is that a Quantum computer could complete a brute force attack
on DES in 4 minutes.

Of course logically you would think if you have a Quantum computer you
could construct even stronger ciphers with it.

Regards

Jon

--
Jon Farmer