[Wolves] PGP

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 10:07:12 BST 2004

On Friday 13 Aug 2004 09:40, The wise and knowledgeable Jon Farmer proclaimed:

Hey Jon

> I would agree with Peter about business respecting people like Verisign.
> However I also think most business follows the herd. After all why are
> most businesses using Microsoft software? Because its better?

Thanks for the support seeing as the wolves were massing.

Without getting into another ruck I think (pls note 'I' 'think') most
businesses only had one real choice, Microsoft, Unix was around but like it
or not MS was very attractive to the common user due to the ease of use.

This leads nicely on to the next part as you rightly say "business follows the
herd" -quote the same can be said for updating OS is there any need? but we
all do it because we think we have too.

The same can be said for stuff like we talked about yesterday do you or I have
to use it? (recreationally I mean) if I was working for Lloyd's bank then
maybe but I don't, I don't have any sensitive communications so to me its a
nice toy that a lot of people use but don't really really need too. IMHO :-)

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"