[Wolves] Is it safe

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 12:06:32 BST 2004

Anything of interest on the list today? ;-)

Seriously, its a little off list, has anyone experience of MAC & Microsoft
Virtual PC.

Aaaargh I know, I know the dreaded Microsoft, customers who'd have em!

Here's the story: Head office in America send over images and text for
printing on CD-R disks the files are in MAC format. they need to see/convert
these files so that they can be manipulated on an XP machine using a package
called Discuss (its a label printing software) they print it to file as
a .PRN file then copy that to disk then load that on a HDD to print the
labels.

A gifted amateur in the Birmingham office has tried to have a go without
success but has no MAC software he did use an Quark V8 and Stuffit.

I have no experience of MAC machines, Quark or Stuffit and don't want to go
mental buying loads of software, all I'm looking for is a way to, having
download the files, view them and convert them to Windows compatable files.

Any ideas?

Please feel free to email me on or off list. :-)

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"