[Wolves] Just finished new machine, now the fun starts.

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:00:28 BST 2004

Hiya,
I've been quite for ages, but now i have finally built my new machine,
here are the specs:

2x AMD Opterron 244 (1.8Ghz)
1 Gb RAM, uping to 3Gb soon
ATI FireGL T2 128Mb GFX card
512Gb Sata array configured with Raid 1 (hardware raid)
1x Gigabit NIC
Onboard soundcard (it works ad its got a digital out)

I intend to install linux on it, but it is a case of which distro has
the better 64bit opterron support, i know suse has a release which can
do this but if im not mistaken you have to pay for it, and im pretty
certain i cant get the personal version of it, atleast yet.

Any ideas? or am i stuck in the 32bit world for the next few months or
maybe longer??

--
Thanks,
SimonB