[Wolves] ntop

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 15:02:39 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 14:46, Adam Sweet wrote:

>  --- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> Have you looked at the ntop web interface?

Oh yes

> http://ntopmachine:3000

Thats what I took some screen shots of to slap on the desk

> or whatever the address is for the machine running
> ntop, but the port is always 3000 unless otherwise
> specified. You can at least look at a breakdown of the
> stats and identify your machine by OS.

I could/can point out my machine from its IP address which does show up on the
graph but you know what disbelievers are like if it don't say 'this is Pete's
Fedora/Linux machine' they'll just say "Ah your picking an IP with no
activity.

> I guess you identified your network problem now then?

Actually no, you would have thought we had a top notch network however
everything is daisy chained around the building every now and then it almost
grinds to a halt this is when people start jumping up and down of course its
easy to 'kill the heretic' when you pray at the Windows alter every day.

The situation is in a holding pattern at the moment when; "If it happens again
we're gonna track down the machine" they haven't done it in the last six
years so I cant see any change there Oh and Ive only been using Linux for 2
Years so work that out!

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.