[Wolves] Success!!

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 10:32:25 GMT 2004

> > Once you've done that you might want to muse on what possessed anyone to
> > disable serial ports in the BIOS, since I can't think of a reason. But
> > that's for another day.
> >
> > Aq.
>
> Part of my job when I was at Wolves Uni was to install new PC's.  I
> was required to disable all physical ports - and also the CD drive -
> to stop enterprising students from stealing University software.

Hmm.. yeah we had simular issues at the science park with students.
There was a fad once of students bringing in their old banged up
serial mice and trying to swap them for the M$ mice we had on the uni
computers.

Oh and mice balls, of course.

But i dont think our company bothered with disabling ports they just
took out the cdrom drive and locked the case shut really well. They
gave me a box once and i had to drill the lock.
--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,
SimonB