[Wolves] cheap dell xeon box

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:09:14 GMT 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:00:01 GMT, zen8486 at zen.co.uk <zen8486 at zen.co.uk> wrote:
> Sparkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote :
> *snip*
> >...until the order is confirmed in writing...
>
> I'm under the impression that the email confirmation is sufficiently binding to form a contractual agreement - even if it is an auto response.  Legally speaking - emails are now generally accepted as 'being in writing'.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete Evans.

It is.  Generally though firms send out an automated receipt of order
rather than a definite confirmation of order. i.e. a receipt of you
sending an e-mail wishing to purchase the goods.  Semantics I know but
they employ good lawyers (is there such a beast?).
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street