[Wolves] Apple not as shiny white as they appear?

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 23:51:50 GMT 2004

I've mentioned in recent posts that I think Apple hardware is cool but
expressed doubts about Apple's attitude to open standards. To me, Mac OS
moving to a Unix kernel seemed a positive move but iPods not supporting
Ogg Vorbis didn't. I think this article in The Register last week has
made the situation clear. If they can get a strong position in any
market then expect them to exploit their position in exactly the way
that Microsoft do : http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12/15/apple_vs_real/

I really wanted that not to be true. I've taken the iPod off my
Christmas list.

Woo