[Wolves] Mo killed my Modem :-)

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 09:42:54 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 19:43, Mo Awkati wrote:

> I am used to it just like Kevan, my wife always blames
> me for everything!! :-)

You'll have to join the que my wife once phoned me at work to complain that
she was snowed in at home, as if it was my fault and that I should do
something about it!!!

Top that!

> Now, did you say you updated the existing 9.1? I have
> read somewhere that there may problems with updating,
> I think its always better to do a clean install, you
> might spend sometime backing data but in the long run
> you get a better result.

I know, I know your 100% correct but I was hoping that as it was only a Month
ago I did a clean install of 9.1 there wouldn't be any problems.

> I know this sound basic advice, but do check all
> connections etc.

I got a connection via wvdial its not the ideal way to connect but at least I
can get on.

My friend in the USA suggested minicom now this looks fun but I need to do the
config.

The frightening thing is I've picked up enough knowledge to be able to sort it
out 18 months ago I would have wiped the thing and stuck to Windows.

Merry Xmas :-)

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.