[Wolves] Gaim / Kompete

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 11:34:39 GMT 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:22:17 +0000, Tim Humpherson
<tim.humpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Knowing that many of my friends are M$ users, and not Linux as they
> don't like changes (seems that they're M$ institutionalized victims!),

Huh, I came across that a couple of days ago.  I'm a committee member
for our village appraisal (Cheslyn Hay).  We all have reports to write
out concerning different aspects of village life - mine is policing in
C/H :-))))  It seemed the whole room were in agreement that they would
submit in M$ Word format.  Then I piped up :-)  I suggested saving in
RTF so that anybody could read the document irrelevant of OS (I am
correct in that assumption aren't I?)  They all looked at me as if I
was a bloody Martian.  I carefully explained to them that M$ is not
the be all and end all of OS's and that I use Linux most of the time.
I was careful this time not to mention WINE and M$ Office - which I
don't use anyway preferring OOo.  Couldn't convinve them though.  Mine
is being submitted in RTF and stuff them.  It will also have a footer
stating that it has been created on a PC running OOo on Linux.

;-)

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer