[Wolves] Soundblaster Live

MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com
Wed Dec 29 16:01:44 GMT 2004

Howdy,

I'm trying to get Ubuntu working again, after my resinstall and
upgrade to Hoary.

Previously, I got my Soundblaster Live working easily
with Ubuntu. I disabled my motherboard's onboard sound - a minor inconvenience
- and followed some intructions I found on the web. I've just spent an hour
trying to find those instructions again but can't. Is there anyone here who
knows how to get a Soundblaster Live running under ALSA?

I'm seriously
fed up now, having spent most of my day off trying to get Ubuntu to do simple,
normal things. I realise Hoary is a development version but Fedora Core 3
is winging its way down my broadband connection as I type.

Cheers all,

Matthew.