[Wolves] SUSE 9.2 Pro

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 22:51:20 GMT 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:11:21 +0000 (GMT), Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Folk
>
> I have now upgraded to SuSe 9.2 Pro (thank you Father
> Christmas! :-) ). For the benefit of others who wish
> to upgrade I thought I would pass on my experience of
> it.
>
> I did a clean install after I backed up everything I
> needed. If you can use a DVD to install it is better
> as you don't have to keep changing CDs. I had a bit of
> bother with my monitor but soon sorted that out by
> changing the resolution at installation stage. It
> detected all my hardware without any problems but then
> again when I built my PC I made sure all components
> worked with Linux.
>
> It is well supplied with applications. I like the auto
> start when you put a CD in. I don't like the way they
> tried to make it look like (cough) MS, e.g My Computer
> icon at the desktop, then again I suppose it helps
> others who are moving over.
>
> It seems faster than 9.0 Pro and better at detecting
> usb hardware.
>
> I strongly recommend for first timers with Linux.
>
> The next thing I am going to try is making the dead
> keys on my multimedia keyboard work!
>
> Cheers
>
> Mo

I have this little delight in front of me sometime very soon.  SuSE
9.2 is sitting under my desk as I type.  I'm puzzled though, Mo.  I
thought the two DVD's were purely for 64bit chips?  I have both of
course in the boxed set (CD's and DVD's) .  The PC I shall install
into - or upgrade as it already runs 9.1 - has a DVD drive so I can
use either.  But the chip is a lowly old AMD K6 350mhz.

Next, what exaclty would I have to back up to get my existing set up.
What I would like to do is Install 9.2 onto a clean unused 80gb drive
then swap over whatever files have my configuration data in them.  But
which ones are they exactly?

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer