[Wolves] Lycoris, Xandros - what's the point?

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 12:19:02 GMT 2004

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with Lycoris or Xandros? To me, other
than Lindows, they seem to be the two distros that are trying their
hardest to be a mainstream OS for the desktop. I think that's great but,
having tried Lycoris, I just can't see why it exists. It seems to offer
nothing that Red Hat, SuSe or Mandrake don't offer and it runs off much
older packages (KDE in particular).

Okay, Lycoris looks XPish and maybe its menus are a little better
organised but surely if a distro can only distinguish itself based on
its menus, then it ain't really a distro.

Am I missing something?

Matt.