[Wolves] Sun Java Desktop (going off topic in a mad Rant!)

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 19:40:15 GMT 2004

Hi folk
The issues with public sector organisations taking up
open source is not about the capabilities of Linux,
its the politics. The culture in public services is
that very few are prepared to take a "risk". Often
decisions are made by elected councillors who are lay
people and rely on the senior managers to advise them.

I think its a shame, but until a big public sector
organisation moves over it will take a long time.

Mo

 --- Steve Ruffles <douseruffles at spruffles.plus.com>
wrote: > Simon asked <huge snip> What kind of stuff
are we