[Wolves] Linux on the radio

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 08:24:00 GMT 2004

Hey Peter,

Peter Cannon said:

> I bet you've all heard this morning news regarding leaked code from
> Microsoft? All the user groups are babbling on about it today more
> interesting was an interview with a guy from znet who was talking about
> the fact that "Linux" was less vulnerable because the code was open and
> there by making the OS less of a challenge.

Yeah, I heard Rupert Goodwins on the Today programme. I was fully
expecting him to toe the Microsoft line, being as ZDNet isn't exactly
known for its rigorous journalism (for example, they reported the Linus
Torvalds for California State Governor joke, as fact).

On the same programme, there was a press review, in which it was said that
the Daily Mail were calling on all internet companies to follow
Microsoft's great example and remove their chat rooms. Now, okay, it's the
Daily Mail, so we can't think of it as a real newspaper, but I'm surprised
that credence is still being given to that particularly Microsoft
marketing ploy and cost cutting measure.