[Wolves] CSS layout question

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 09:54:53 GMT 2004

Howdy all,

I know there are some people in here, whose understanding of CSS - Aq -
far outstrips mine.

At the moment, I have a fairly major problem with front page layout of
ContentPeople, when rendered in Opera, or a KHTML browser. Load up
http://www.contentpeople.info/ and you'll see what I mean. I'll explain
the way it's scripted:

There is a wrapper div, the stylesheet entry for which has a "float:
right". This forms a right hand column, with additional information
boxes in it.

Then, there is a wrapper which has a "float: left" on it and has divs
which, in turn, are floated left and right and contain links to the
latest stories on the site.

This renders just luverly in Moz and IE. Kick up Opera or Safari/Konq
and you end up with orphan stories at the bottom.

Can anyone think of a reason for this? Below is the stylesheet that
handles it.

#stories
{
    width:520px;