[Wolves] Evolution Expunge

bambam at opendildonics.org bambam at opendildonics.org
Thu Feb 26 11:32:09 GMT 2004

> Much rather just put the hdd over a large magnet or throw it at a wall,
> cant be read then. Shreding files takes way to long, not that i've got
> anything to hide

I feel as the in-house physicist, data recovery enthusiast
and paranoiac I should point out that neither of these two
techniques will work.

Only complete thermal destruction of the disk will stop all
attempts to read the data on it, but if you want to do a
good job of wiping something - try around 16 head passes
over the whole disk with /dev/zero interlaced with 16 head
passes with /dev/urandom.

bambam
--
Entropy, enthalpy, liberte, egalite.