[Wolves] GIMP 2.0pre3 - anyone tried it?

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Thu Feb 26 13:56:07 GMT 2004

Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw this - is the UI *really* that different?
>
> I don't want to start up an MDI war here as it has all
> been discussed before, but there are a shitload of
> photoshop users who love MDI who are put off coming
> over and using GIMP. It is a shame they don't at least
> have an option to enable it so both sets of users are
> happy.
Well it sort of plays lip service to that anyway.  The actual image
window now has menus at the top and you can now dock other windows with
each other.  It doesn't feel like it was programmed by an alien any more
- the fact it now says 'Rotate 90 degrees CCW' instead of 'Rotate 270
degrees' is indicative of this.

Trust me - it is well worth the download & compile time.  :)

--
Dan
Pimpin' the Gimp - there's probably a law against that...