[Wolves] MCSE

trog trog at trog-oz.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 17:03:07 GMT 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 12:36 pm, you wrote:

> Finally I have started to convert my company who thinks MS is the standard
> of everything, and he's going to buy a linux machines to control a
> rendering farm, our data backup and remote storage.
>
> The only problem I have now is that he has entered me in for a MCSE, got
> 4weeks to do 1st module 'WinXP' Turn on, crash, burn and then install
> linux. how hard can it be??

I've been studying for an MCSE for months now; it isn't that hard, just very,
very boring.  The most difficult thing is thinking what is the micro$oft way
to achieve what you are trying to do.  There are (usually) two ways; the way
that people do it in the real world and the way that they want you to do it
in the exam.  I do windoze support as part ot my job (in addition to Linux).
Most of my windoze support consists of hitting the big red switch.

--
Trog Woolley  |  trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)