[Wolves] 3D graphics cards

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 14:12:52 GMT 2004

 --- Peter Oliver <p.d.oliver at mavit.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote: > On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Aquarius wrote:

> > Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
> > > Given that you can get a new bottom end graphics
> card for about 30 quid,
> > > I'm thinking of upgrading.  I currently have an
> Nvidia card, and I've been
> > > satisfied with their OpenGL drivers.  Does
> anyone have any comments on the
> > > quality of Linux support from ATI?

I have a Radeon 9500 and I have never been able to run
it under anything other than the generic vesa vga
driver. ATI do provide binary drivers, but they are
rpm only and I got insurmountable dependency problems
when I tried installing it on an rpm distro (Mandrake
I think), though a quick check on their site indicates
they have put up new drivers only days ago.

Would it hurt them to make debs?

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk