[Wolves] Happy new year!

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 18:02:24 GMT 2004

David Goodwin said:

>> OSS/Linux predictions for 2004

> - SCO will go out of business/disappear.

I reckon they will but the whole thing has been so insane, so far, I
wouldn't be surprised if something even more mad happens with it all
during SCO's death throes.

> - Novell will release a SuSE/Ximinan desktop, which will be bundled with
> OO etc. Competition with the Sun's "Java" desktop?

Yeah, I reckon Novell will have a good stab at the SME market with it.

> - US Patent System comes under more pressure for reform (Software Patents
> etc)

I hope that's the case but I feel a little too cynical to believe that'll
happen. :(