[Wolves] Fax from MySql database

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Wed Jan 7 20:56:18 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 12:51, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
>
> I have never faxed from Linux, so take this with a
> pinch of salt.

and increase your cancer risk acording to the press.

> Couldnt you get a command line fax program (hylafax?)
> and then do a mysqldump into a file, then cut the
> results out with a script and fax it. You could also
> use the CGI PHP to output the results of the query in
> a readable format to the file and then fax it.

christ jono that's going at it arse about tit.

if you are writing a script why not get the script to connect to the
database they send the fax to each person on the list.

result = query(select name, fax_number, title from database);

fax = "Dear %%%title%%% %%%name%%%
	blah blah blah";

while (list(name, faxnum, title) = sql_row(result))
{
	fax = ereg_replace (fax, "%%%name%%%", name);
	fax = ereg_replace (fax, "%%%title%%%", title);

	system (faxprogram faxnum fax) ;
}

convert to language of choice then bravo.

a decent perl guru could probably turn that into a one liner that runs
twice as fast using reg exps

sparkes