[Wolves] Progress report!!

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Thu Jan 8 13:26:27 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 22:50, Mo Awkati wrote:
<snip>
> The only thing I am a bit puzzled about is how slow
> some of the applications are when loading, such as
> Openoffice,  but after that they seem ok, any
> thoughts?

opne office is a big application ;-) when it first loads all the common
files are held in memory so that switching between OOo apps is quick.
This is the same type of thing done by MS office but ms often loads the
common files at startup.

> I am still trying to get my head around the file
> system and structure. I have just found a way to
> change from normal user to root from the command line
> but I have not tested it yet!!

you will use that more than you can imagine at the moment.

> I'll see how I am fixed for the 14th.

cool

> Cheers
>
> Mo