[Wolves] PC LOCK UP

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 17:43:10 GMT 2004

 --- Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
hullo

> Yet another question!!
fire away...

> If an application locks the keyboard and mouse, how
> can I kill it to get the PC back without having to
> reset the PC??

If X crashes, you have two options.

1) connect to your machine from another machine and
kill X.  If your machines are networked you can ssh
into your crashed machine and kill the process.

2) Use the magic sys req keys, Peter Oliver will tell
you all about these as all I know is they look very
cool.  Not sure if this will need a kernel re-compile,
perhaps Ron or another SuSE user can tell you if it's
compiled into SuSE 9 standard kernel....

> Mo

fizz