[Wolves] Off topic - travelwm

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Wed Jan 14 09:33:27 GMT 2004

gary at walsall.uk.com wrote:
> I have disabled the link for the moment, as it was just parked on a webserver, which has their default
 > webpage showing a link and then refreshing after 5 seconds to the
dating/adult site. So all of the websites
 > not set up on apache were being redirected to this site.
OK I'm not going to judge you until I at least know what the site is
for.  I think you were a bit silly not setting up an index page given
the number of mistaken hits you were likely to receive, though.

It does sound like a well-dodgy hosting company you are using.

> I'll just wait to see if they get in contact with me and take it from there.
There is a legitimate name clash issue with domains that springs to mind
- marbles.com (the credit card company) and marbles.co.uk (a PR firm).
For now I'm going to assume this is the same with you - you have a
legitimate, established company which just so happens to have a similar
name.  If that is indeed the case then you may well be ok just having a
link on your site to Travel West Midlands - that is what marbles.co.uk
have done and (last time I looked) marbles.com have actually been a
little embarrassed about the issue and left them alone.  Then again,
marbles.co.uk were pre-existing.

Good luck
--
Dan